Friday, May 18, 2012

Refocus

With just a few days over seven weeks to my first National competition of 2012, I am finding myself very ready to refocus my energy to coming in my best yet. I am competing again in Pittsburgh on Sunday, (May 20) and have contemplated a decision to not compete in NYC on June 2nd, as I want to give my body and mind time to recover, refocus, and improve. This week, I came down with a stomach virus (as a teacher I'm exposed to all sorts of germs!) and was a little out of it for a few days, which most definitely caused me to begin stressing about how I'd come in this weekend. In fact, I may have lost a little muscle. I am feeling much better today and hope I feel great tomorrow as I prep for Sunday. Then, it's all Team Universe on my mind! School is winding down for me, and I am very lucky that I have the summer off...the summer is going to bring lots of great national shows, so remaining rested and stress-free is my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment